The Assam Rape Festival in India begins this week

By on November 13, 2013

Assam Rape Festival

Men in India are already beginning to celebrate as the annual Assam Rape Festival is just days away. Every non-married girl age 7-16 will have the chance to flee to safety or get raped. See Video

Madhuban Ahluwalia who heads up the annual festival told reporters why the event is so important. “This is a long time tradition in Assam dating back thousands of years,” says Ahluwalia. “We rape the evil demons out of the girls, otherwise they will cheat on us and we will be forced to kill them. So it is necessary for everyone.”

The Assam Festival began in 43 BC when Baalkrishan Tamil Nadu raped everyone in his village of Doomdooma. Baalkrishan Tamil Nadu is remembered every year at this event, in fact the trophy given to the man with the most rapes is called “The Baalkrishan”.

24-year-old Harikrishna Majumdar told reporters that he has been training all year for this event. “I’m going to get the most rapes this year. I’ve been practicing all year. I rape my sister and her friends every day. I will be rape superstar number one! I will get the Baalkrishan prize this year for sure!”

12-year-old Jaitashri Majumdar told reporters she almost made it through last year’s festival without getting raped. “I came so close to not getting raped. I almost got to the ‘rape-free-zone’ at the edge of town, but at the last minute 9 men jumped on me and raped me. Luckily I am just recovering now so I can participate in this year’s events, otherwise I would be put to death by stoning.”

34-year-old Brian Barnett from Toronto who is visiting Assam on business told reporters he will be missing the festivities this year. “My company did not tell me anything about a rape festival happening while I was here. Are you serious, a rape festival? I’m getting the f*ck out of this backwards country tonight.”

India is second in reported rapes in the world only behind the United States, though critics are quick to point out that is only because most rapes in India go unreported. see HERE

Source, focusghana

About NSB Staff

One way of having friends around the world is simply sharing what I've heard, read and seen across the world. I'll love to hear from you by simply leaving a comment on my post/blog. If you'll like to share something with the world, send it to info@nigeriashowbiz.com and consider it done...

19 Comments

1. Maskurt

November 14, 2013 at 4:41 pm

this is so preposterous!

2. Victoria

July 20, 2015 at 3:21 pm

This is utterly dissapointing, that a website such as yours would post an article such as this, which is made up of wrong facts, defamatory and derogatory. The need to find interesting stories by journalists is understandably prevalent, but not at the cost of posting utter bull and spreading false stories and publicly accusing a whole nation to have held, supported, and turned a blind eye on an event, falsely made, such as this.
    Sick, you guys, sick.

3. Pratyasha Baruah

July 20, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Wtf is wrong with you people. This post was published in a website in a “satirical” way. It’s all fake. I’m from Assam and I find it extremely insulting.

4. neha

July 20, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Now that is totally un true.. I have been there for several years but never faced all these instead ppls r helpful.. These r fake news & in evry places der r gud ppl & bad ppl.. Jz fr sum the whole country should nt b blamed.. Datz wrong! Us Ny & all other country makes movies equal & evn beyond rape but we wont refer the place bad.. Ofcourse we cant get all gud ppl around bt not all bad too.. Totally wrong! Stop being so injustified..

5. neha

July 20, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Notice the “good” instead of wasting time in something so fake !! Rape occurs in evry country not specifically in dis place only.. Don’t make the whole country the culprit for sum.. We r humans too with full of humanity! One of my frn went us & she was rapped bt I wont blame the whole country ofcourse! Yup there r sum cheap ppls migrating to this place & doing all these crimes most often.. Depends on d society u r going to.. Evry place has dat.. Never faced ever!

6. Jananta juri

July 22, 2015 at 7:35 am

Excuse whoever you are. Are a citizen of assam? No right! Wel I am an assamese and I am also a.citizen of assam. For your kind information we follow gender equality. Therefore we dont celebrate these kind of ridiculous festival. And there is no person named Madhuban ahluwalia whatever. So kind do your own business and concentrate on other factors rather then writing stupid things and making a fool of yourself.
    God bless.

7. Abinash

July 22, 2015 at 9:04 am

Are you kidding?? Do you think that people in Assam are illiteral?? We know how to respect woman better than others. And you are telling the world that we have a rape festival in Assam? Come here only once and you will know the truth. Don’t spread such fake news. It’s embarrassing.

8. Rafik Ahmed

July 22, 2015 at 9:51 am

I am an Assamese , To Nigeria showbiz if u guys had nothing to do then go and jerk out,,, Don’t post such things about my motherland,,, Last Warning!!!

9. Sakyo

July 22, 2015 at 10:52 am

How stupid !!
    10 mnt silence for those who believed the News to be true >_<

10. Gaurav Kumar Barman

July 22, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Utter bullshit.. I belong from Assam, and I can guarantee you that we don’t celebrate festival of such kind.. The whole of North-East is a dowry free place.. So you can guess how much respect we have for them.. This article is a hoax.. Shame on you to have posted such a lie..

11. Gaurav Kumar Barman

July 22, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Tur Mayeror murtu kela..

12. Shankhadeep Gogoi

July 22, 2015 at 3:12 pm

To the people who came up with it and had the obnoxious amounts of insanity to publish it. Have you ever even visited Assam yourself in person? No? Then learn this, that Assam is by far one of the most safest places in India for women. Just because it is surrounded by hills on most sides, doesn’t mean that its people are barbaric. In fact, Assam has one of the highest percentage of literate people in India. Get it?
    Literate people. A group that you are certainly not a part of.

13. Akankxa Jhavar

July 22, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I’m from Assam & have never heard of this disgusting fest. Shame on you whoever has posted this. We the people of North East India are full of culture, we are literate-educated & the most important thing, we respect womanhood.

14. Ashish baruah

July 22, 2015 at 7:38 pm

This is not true.. I haven’t even heard of this festival till today in Assam..

15. Mohammad Uvaid

July 22, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Is there a way they can be put behind the bar or take legal action against them ??

16. Firdoush

July 23, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Confirm the fact before publishing such news. No such event takes place in Assam. I m a resident of Assam..How u be so reluctant after publishing such false information.

17. Sanjay Chakraborty

July 24, 2015 at 4:03 am

This is 100% wrong, so please remove this post…if anybody who is hosting this site..requesting you to do so. Assam is my native, know my native.

18. Anonymous

July 24, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I find this as stupid ! Raping the demon ! These people needs literacy and some knowledge regarding superstitions ! Where are their ethics !!!

19. Niranjan

July 7, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Bill shot. Don’t spread fake news like this. Indians don’t have this kind of Festival at all. I may not be from Assam but I am Indian. We don’t follow festival like this. By reading this article itself I can say u r spreading this fake news just to make a bad impression about India all over the world. Yea we can say there are so many rapes are happening in India but also we Indians respect our women very much. Even u mentioned that someone raped his own sister. What the hell is this a person in Indian can’t say that he raped his own sister publicly to a media. Do u think we Indians are fools.