- Another Nigerian Player join Mikel Obi in His China ClubPosted 5 days ago
- Model Accept to breast feed Businessman for 100,000 yuan (VIDEO)Posted 6 days ago
- Angelina Jolie finally open up for the first time about her and Brad’s divorce (Video)Posted 6 days ago
- Cynthia Bailey poses nude to celebrate her 50th Birthday (PHOTO)Posted 6 days ago
- Kung fu master takes kicks, bricks and pole to his “Balls” in demonstration of his iron balls (VIDEO)Posted 6 days ago
- Xenophobia: S/Africans attack Nigerian businessesPosted 7 days ago
- Chrissy Teigen “John Legend’s wife” poses nude for Sports Illustrated (PHOTO)Posted 1 week ago
- They are back again! Fans React As Style-plus Drops Blanket (MUSIC)Posted 1 week ago
- Former Brazil and Barcelona Legend, Ronaldinho joins Music, Check out His VideoPosted 1 week ago
- Country bans beauty pageants after models parade themselves in skimpy outfits in front of dignitary (PHOTOS)Posted 1 week ago
Salma Mumin produces ‘No Man’s Land’
Actress Salma Mumin has joined the crop of actors who have moved from the front of the cameras to operate behind the lens as a producer.
After featuring in movies such as Leave My Wife, Seduction, No Apology, Crazy, Hotel Babylon, 3 Some, Passion and Soul, College Girls among others, the actress believes it is time to venture into film production.
And the result is her debut No Man’s Land which features actors Adjetey Annang, Wiyaala, Deyemi from Nigeria, Doris Sackitey, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Yaayaa, Nikki Samonas and herself.
Directed by Pascal Amanfo, No Man’s Land which will premiere at the Silverbird Cinemas on February 13 is about war and peace.
Philip Nyongo after a five year sojourn oversees returns to his home town. His hopes for a new beginning are fuelled by the fact that the civil war has ended and he imagines all the wounds of the past would have healed.
Finding love in the arms of Julia, a nurse he left behind and taking up a job in the community hospital, he is soon to discover that there are certain scars which smiles can never mask.
When the can of worms finally opens, Philip is thrown into a bitter web of conflict and betrayal that will test his very own principles and force him to make one last choice; to live or die.
In a chat with Showbiz, Salma explained why she decided to go into movie production. “I want to help up and coming actors who have the talent for but do not know any producer. Someone gave me the opportunity to be where I am now and I feel it is time I also help these young actors whose desire is acting” she said.
Touching on how she got into the movie industry, Salma said that, she has always wanted to be an actress but didn’t know how to go about it until a friend introduced her to filmmaker Abdul Salam Mumuni.
She added that through Mumuni, she got to know of other producers and after featuring in Passion and Soul in 2008 by A.A Production, she knew there was no turning back for her.
Born to Mr. Mahama Tando, a businessman and Mrs Asibi Mohammed Tando, a trader in the Upper West Region, Salma has worked with Nigerian movies stars like Tonto Dikeh, Patience Ozokwor and Jim Iyke.